Please describe the case in detail
In particular please consider (a)Objectives of the intervention; (b) Tools used to achieve the project goals; (c) Methodologies applied;
The 360° Feedback system is a part of the quality management system of the College. This system collects feedback from different interest groups. All processes, both academic and organizational, and target groups are covered. The system is managed by a quality management team. The work of the team is organized by the team leader, who plans and organizes meetings which take place every month. Every meeting has an agenda, which is based on the feedback plan.
The feedback plan is updated every year. Questionnaires are updated annually by smaller groups inside the quality team, who are responsible for different questionnaires which are used. The questionnaires are sent to the target group after a debate where every member of the quality team can give suggestions how to improve the questionnaire or procedures of the survey.
In the study department there is working a specialist, who is responsible for the procedures of the survey and for analysing the data and writing reports. All reports and action plans are published on the college webpage.
After publishing the results are analysed by respective institutions and action plans to improve the services and processes are created.
Feedback plan for 2018-2021
• Library feedback is collected every second year; target group – all students; the next survey in spring 2018.
• Survey of student satisfaction with the admission process is conducted twice a year; target group – students who were admitted in autumn 2017 and in winter 2018.
• Employee satisfaction survey is conducted every second year, the next survey in spring 2019.
• Student satisfaction survey is conducted every year, the next survey in spring 2019.
• Subject feedback – students´ feedback on each subject is collected after each course.
• Feedback on the organisational process of defence of the final thesis – is collected twice a year, students give feedback of the defending process.
• Alumni satisfaction survey - take place every second year; target group – graduates of the past two years; next survey in the autumn 2018.
• Employer satisfaction survey is conducted every five years; target group – employers of all graduates; next survey in the spring 2021.
• Feedback from traineeship places is collected every second year; target group – all places where our students have their practice; next survey in the spring 2018.
• Continuing education participants’ satisfaction Survey – take place after each course.
• Feedback from the residents of student home is collected every second year; target group – all students who use dormitory services; next survey in the spring 2019.
• Students’ feedback on studies and traineeship completed abroad - is collected after each experience, all participants.
• Staff feedback on international teaching and training activities - is collected after each experience, all participants.
• Feedback on the activities aimed at general public is collected after each event, all participants.
What resources are required for the case?
Consider human resources, financial resources, infrastructure, in-kind resources and any other type required.
In the work of the quality management team are involved members of all curricula and departments (including lifelong learning, study department, etc.). Also the members of the rectorate are represented in the quality team. The College budget includes a sub-budged for the quality management team and its activities.
What are the enabling factors making this case successful?
Consider institutional support, environmental/social/political factors, etc.
The 360° Feedback system is successful because a strong team and consistent planning. Plans are based on the development plan and strategies of the college. In the work of the quality management team are involved members of all curricula and departments (including lifelong learning, study department, etc.). Also the members of the rectorate are represented in the quality team. The College budget includes a sub-budged for the quality management team and its activities.
The results of the surveys are presented by the quality team to all members of the College. After that workshops are held which help to understand and analyse and find the best ways for improvement. During the public debate all members of the college are involved and can share their knowledge and experiences. That means that all members of the colleges are involved in the quality team work. It helps to understand better the results of the surveys and importance of the quality management. All this guarantees effective quality management in the organization, increases the commitment to provide quality services and effectiveness.
Why do you consider this case to be good/best practice?
Please consider that a best practice must (a) have a clearly defined objective to increase the connection with the World of Work, (b) address the target groups of the project, (c) be replicable and sustainable, (d) have clearly demonstrated evidence of effectiveness in increasing the connection with the World of Work
360° Feedback gives objective and up-to-date information on all functions of the institution. It helps curricula developers, managers and rectorate in decision making processes for future development and innovation.
This is a working model that has been used effectively for years in our institution. The system has got positive feedback during different quality assessment procedures of the college.
It could be good to share 360° Feedback system with other educational institutions, who do not have such a system and have to create it.