Who are we?
The Czech Association of Professional Higher Education (CASPHE) is an independent organisation of colleges and institutes of professional higher education in the Czech Republic. It was founded in 1991. CASPHE represents interests of the particular type schools and education, contributes to their development. It plays a role in policy discussions as regards formulation of problems relevant to the development of professionally-oriented higher (tertiary) education sector faces and proposals of their solution. CASPHE facilitates mutual cooperation of member schools and exchange their experiences, facilitates contact individual for members seeking to create conditions for qualitative growth, creates a sense of belonging and mutual interest.
CASPHE activities include:
- conceptual and policy work on the development and structuring of professionally oriented tertiary education;
- development of colleges and institutes of professional higher education including information on challenges, trends and developments at international level and promotion of experience from abroad;
- promotion of the idea of professional higher (tertiary) education including communication with professional bodies and representation of employers;
- preparation and coordination of international and Czech-based projects, seminars and conferences;
- activities in the field of quality management and improvement.
In 2016 CASPHE has 7 members and affiliated schools while the range of collaborating institutions was substantially wider. CASPHE remains open to any institution of tertiary education whose overall objectives are consistent with the mission of the association.
Due to its focus on internationalisation, CASPHE became soon after its establishment (since 1993) an active member of EURASHE, the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education.
Specific fields of expertise within CASPHE cover:
- policy and strategic issues related to educational policy, in particular with focus on professional higher (tertiary) education;
- qualifications frameworks, learning outcomes and their implementation;
- quality assurance and quality enhancement issues;
- methodology of teaching/learning with focus on practically-oriented elements including students’ placements;
- facilitation of discussion with stakeholders, in particular partners from the world of work, regional bodies and higher education institutions.