Who are we?
In April 2002, a Network of Colleges was formed in order to:
- Promote and defend the common interests of colleges,
- Ensure that Croatian professional studies follow common grounds with similar studies in Europe,
- Ensure quality of professional education in Croatia,
- Promote mobility of students and teachers and to
- Facilitate recognition of titles with European education space.
The network was composed of 10 colleges and established at the College of Health in Zagreb. The Network adopted its statute in April 2002. In October 2003, in line with the newly introduced Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education, the Network changed its name and became the Council of Universities and University Colleges of Applied Sciences. The number of member institutions in year 2016 was 39.
The Council is supported by the Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE), an independent agency in charge of accrediting academic programs and evaluating institutions in HE. The number of institutions varies between as high as 44 and 39.
VVIVS became a member of EURASHE in 2005 and hosted two EURASHE’s General Assembly and Conferences in 2006 and 2013 respectively.