Please describe the case in detail
In particular please consider (a)Objectives of the intervention; (b) Tools used to achieve the project goals; (c) Methodologies applied;
Lecturers, employed at our college, visit students who are doing their practical training in the company. They have a personal meeting with mentors and as well with the students. In the company the lecturer makes a separate interview with mentor as well with students. After the interviews lecturer has to prepare a report of the visit including:
• Short description of visit
• mentor’s satisfaction,
• student’s satisfaction,
• proposals for improvement by the visiting lecture,
• proposals for improvement by the mentor in WoW,
• proposals for improvement by the students in WoW.
Visit report is submitted to the practical training coordinator. They analyse it and submit the final report to the management.
On this way the college can identify the actual needs of WoW and is able long term to define the guidelines for study topics actualisation of the curriculum.
What resources are required for the case?
Consider human resources, financial resources, infrastructure, in-kind resources and any other type required.
- travel expenses for the lecturers
- Lectures hours
What are the enabling factors making this case successful?
Consider institutional support, environmental/social/political factors, etc.
- Checking the learning goals realisation.
- Checking the learning environment.
- Checking if the students are really performing the practical trading (work) which is described in the curriculum.
- Checking the working methods of mentors in WoW.
- Checking the student’s responsiveness and their motivation.
- Getting general impression about working environment.
- Students can check if they can applicate their theoretical knowledge in WoW.
- Mentor can check the student’s theoretical knowledge and his capability to applicate in WoW.
Why do you consider this case to be good/best practice?
Please consider that a best practice must (a) have a clearly defined objective to increase the connection with the World of Work, (b) address the target groups of the project, (c) be replicable and sustainable, (d) have clearly demonstrated evidence of effectiveness in increasing the connection with the World of Work
This way the college can identify the actual needs of WoW and build the bridges between education and regional business environment. As the same time the college is trying to minimise the gap theory and practice.
The college takes in to account the regional developing tendencies and able to includes them in the future development of the curricula.