Please describe the case in detail
In particular please consider (a)Objectives of the intervention; (b) Tools used to achieve the project goals; (c) Methodologies applied;
Institutional strategy is defined in collaboration with stakeholders and through engagement with relevant professional regulatory bodies and political authorities. For example: The last institutional strategy was prepared by all stakeholders: director, college staff, lecturers, representatives of students, graduates, mentors, employers from the local area.
Steps of developing new Institutional strategy:
1. College manager chose an independent external consultant.
2. All stakeholders had to answer the questionnaire provided
by independent external consultant.
3. All stakeholders attended the workshop to prepare active the
4. The independent external consultant presented the results of the questionnaire.
5. It followed constructive dialog and systematic exchanges of information and views on institutional strategy by all stakeholders.
6. After that the independent external consultant summarised the results of the workshop and prepared draft institutional strategy.
7. The new formed institutional strategy was adopted by College Council.
What resources are required for the case?
Consider human resources, financial resources, infrastructure, in-kind resources and any other type required.
- expenses of independent external consultant,
- material costs and expenses,
- active participation of all stakeholders.
What are the enabling factors making this case successful?
Consider institutional support, environmental/social/political factors, etc.
Enabling factors making this case successful:
- review of strategic items and evaluation,
- presentation of the areas that influence the development of the development strategy,
- review answers and suggestions from received questionnaires from all stakeholders,
- SWOT analysis and discussion of individual content sets.
Why do you consider this case to be good/best practice?
Please consider that a best practice must (a) have a clearly defined objective to increase the connection with the World of Work, (b) address the target groups of the project, (c) be replicable and sustainable, (d) have clearly demonstrated evidence of effectiveness in increasing the connection with the World of Work
All stakeholders had opportunity to express their opinion and suggestions. This way the problem/issue was analysed from different points of view.
The updated College institutional strategy reflects practically all the important developing topics, discussions and interests of the involved stakeholders. This way the College strategy integrates regional and national economy needs and considers a wide range of social, business and culture changes.